Re: installing Oracle on Slackware Linux 9.0

From: Harald Maier <maierh_at_myself.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 08:32:19 +0200

Stefan Rupp <st.rupp_at_t-online.de> writes:

> gcc -o ctxhx -L/vol/oracle/products/Oracle9i/ctx/lib/
> -L/vol/oracle/products/Oracle9i/lib/
> -L/vol/oracle/products/Oracle9i/lib/stubs/
> /vol/oracle/products/Oracle9i/ctx/lib/ctxhx.o
> -L/vol/oracle/products/Oracle9i/ctx/lib/ -lm -ldl -lsc_ca -lsc_fa
> -lsc_ex -lsc_da -lsc_ut -lsc_ch -lsc_fi -lctxhx -lc
> -Wl,-rpath,/vol/oracle/products/Oracle9i/ctx/lib -lnls9 -lcore9
> -lnls9 -lcore9 -lnls9 -lxml9 -lcore9 -lunls9 -lnls9
> /usr/bin/ld: ctxhx: hidden symbol `stat' in
> /usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a(stat.oS) is referenced by DSO
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> The dl library is included in the link command line, but this did
> not help. Does anybody have an idea what else I can try to get it
> properly linked? I have proceeded with the rest of the installation
> and eventually have a running instance of Oracle 9iR2, but ctxhx
> still isn't working (same for several of the java tools, although I
> already installed the current Sun SDK 1.4.2, but that is another
> problem).

The 'stat' function is part of the libc library, so I assume it's a glibc problem. Anyway you need the ctxhx program only if you are using Oracle*Text. If the installation ends then you should have a running installation except Oracle*Text and Oracle*interMedia.

Harald Received on Mon Sep 08 2003 - 01:32:19 CDT