Re: Fastest way to export stored procedures, triggers & packages to text file

From: <Kenneth>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 19:01:16 GMT

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 20:29:32 +0300, "Tanel Poder" <change_to_my_first_name_at_integrid.info> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>Why not full export with rows=n (and possibly specifying needed schemas)
>instead?
>Utl_file and sqlplus spooling are very slow...
>
>Tanel.

Hi Tanel,

For 2 reasons :

  1. An export file is a binary thing and though stored procs and triggers code may be more or less readable in there, it's still *very nice* to have it in clear text format. Escpecially if you are going to edit/develop the code further....
  2. Export is not generic. A script that prints out the whole code in text format can easily be modified to pick only certain parts of it when necessary, i.e.

select text
from DBA_SOURCE
order by owner, type,name,line;

Becomes :