Re: URGENT: Slow Performance after migration to 9.2.0.3 from 8.1.7

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 6 Sep 2003 12:49:22 -0700

alex_at_sinoma.com (Alex Vilner) wrote

> We are having significant performance degradation (10 to 100 times) in
> the execution of the queries on the Oracle 9i server, after migrating
> the database from 8i to 9i

<snipped>

Alex, it's great to see that you're doing the basics right - trying to determine the cause of the performance problem by tackling the issue with tools like stats pack.

However.. do you honestly expext us to pour through several pages of stats hunting the cause of your problem... when we do not now, never mind has any familiarity, of the apps and systems you're running? That's in my view akin to posting several pages of PL/SQL and asking group member to find the bug and fix the code.

You know you're system. You're not one of these stupid Urgent!-please-help! posters. So I suggest that you go through those stats yourself. Find anomolies. Determine where they come from. And when you get stuck in determining why they occur, post the details here.

It's much easier to help getting stuck in technical details than to pour through pages of outpuit looking for something unknown.

IMO as always.

--
Billy