Re: execute immediate gives error for statement that runs fine in SQL*PLUS

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 09:02:54 +0200

On 5 Sep 2003 08:43:06 -0700, lalosal_at_hotmail.com (Lalo Salvalus) wrote:

>Is there a way to run COPY from PL/SQL? I would just call a SQL script
>with the COPY command except that I need to run the COPY command, or
>not, based on a value in the PL/SQL script.

COPY isn't a SQL command, it is a SQL*PLUS command (and it will soon be obsolete). Differentiate between sql,pl/sql and sql*plus and use ordinary (bulk) inserts into the remote database.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Sep 06 2003 - 02:02:54 CDT