VxFS block size with db block size =16k

From: Marco Vannini <m.vannini_at_tinCANCELLA.it>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:00:35 +0200

Hi, we 're managing a 8.1.7.4 VLDB (about 1TB) for DSS on SUN 3800, T3 storage, Solaris 8, UFS with forcedirectio options for datafiles and raw redo. Even if we're quite satisfied with the performance, we've purchased Veritas Filesistem (not quick i/o), and considering to pass from UFS to VxFS, maintaining the direct access (micache=direct convosync=direct). Since the db_block_size=16k, is it better to make filesystems with 16k block size or maintain the 8k of the actual UFS ?

thanks Received on Fri Sep 05 2003 - 02:00:35 CDT