Re: access active partitions simultaneously

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 4 Sep 2003 22:35:52 -0700

"SPIDERMAN" <consultant2b_at_hotmail.com> wrote in

> Someone here mentioned of a software that let one access OS's on different
> partitions simutaneously, i.e., making it possible to run Oracle DB and
> Oracle9AS on different partitions on the same machine for studying purpose.
> Unfortunately, I forgot the name of that software. Does anyone know what I
> am refering to?

As Howard said, VMWare - a freakingly kewl product.

But.. why would you want to use VMware to play with Oracle? Unless you want to build a virtual RAC, it makes IMO more sense to rather dual boot between operating systems when wanting to try Oracle on different o/s's. Besides, the hardware requirements for VMware plus Oracle is rather steep. And what's more, VMware is not a freeware/opensource product either.

Remember. Client-server is a *software* architecture. Not a hardware one. Or a virtual hardware one.

--
Billy