Re: A couple of questions

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 23:22:45 +0200

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 22:43:42 +0200, "MK" <MK_at_foo.com> wrote:

>Or, are you saying that full table scan always takes 100%
>of CPU?! If yes, I'd recommend Oracle to put "delay(1ms)"
>here or there in all of their code! But I don't think that's
>the case, in fact now I remember that most full table
>scans don't take 100% of CPU.

This of course a silly recommendation, especially as you don't even have a clue of the execution path and don't know what the CBO is. My recommendation would be for you to learn Oracle, instead of abusing by writing statements like the one you posted. Replace the not in subquery by a not exists query, or switch to CBO and use the HASH_AJ hint in the subquery.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Sep 03 2003 - 16:22:45 CDT