mod_ssl with Oracle 9i Apache

From: Rainer Herbst <rherbst__at__rz.uni-potsdam.de>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 13:56:07 +0200

Hi *,

I would like to use the Apache httpd shipped with Oracle 9i (Apache 1.3.22) for HTTPS using mod_ssl (2.8.5, also shipped with 9i).

I have the created the keys, changed the httpd.conf etc. and now I am able to start the httpd serving HTTPS and HTTP.

When I try to connect to http://myserver..., everything is ok. But when I try to connect to https://myswerver..., the behaviour depends on the browser I use. Konqueror and lynx do well, but Mozilla, IE, and Netscape causes errors like

[Wed Sep 3 13:37:42 2003] [notice] child pid 5518 exit signal Bus Error (10)

in apache's error_log. The pages are transmitted only partially or are not transmitted at all.

I am quite sure the problem lies within the mod_ssl. My question is - has anybody encountered similar problems? How to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!
Rainer

Rainer Herbst Linux - Registered ZEIK User #319157 Universität Potsdam Usual disclaimers applies!