Re: Who's going to OracleWorld?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:03:51 +0100

"Glen A Stromquist" <glen_stromquist_at_no.spam.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OU85b.64293$ho5.1156528_at_news2.telusplanet.net...
> Geomancer wrote:
> > With OracleWorld coming next week I am wondering if it is worth the
> > trip to San Francisco.
> >
> > I heard that most of the presentations are hyping Oracle Grid stuff,
> > and that there will be very few "indepent" expert presenters. The
> > IOUG only got to pick a few dozen presenters, and the rest are Oracle
> > employees.
> >
> > On the other hand, this Grid stuff might be cool. . . .
> >
> > Who is coming next week?
>
> I'd like to go one of these years, and probably could if I asked, but
> I'm hoping that (if) theres an event in Copenhagen this year my boss
> will let me go to that one, then I can visit #1 son who is on a year
> exchange in DK attending high school... asking to go there will be
> rather pointless if I go this month :-)

If it's Denmark you wish to go to then check out www.miracleas.dk There is a database forum in October and a Master Class in January 04. You won't get nearly so much hype of new features but the quality of the presenters is second to none IMO.

<my hype>
Presenters include
Oracle Magazine's Educator of the Year Mogens Norgaard Author of Oracle Performance Tuning 101 Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha Hotsos' Cary Millsap
Pete Sharman of this list
Jonathan Lewis also of this list
</hype>

Errm I'd better caveat that by pointing out the heavy Oak Table links at these events, so I'm not entirely disinterested even though I sadly can't go.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA