Re: Temporary tables in memory

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_no_spam.comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 01:20:41 GMT

"Chris Jack" <chris_jack_at_msn.com> wrote in message news:648c9f62.0309020109.644fc60d_at_posting.google.com...
> "Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_no_spam.comcast.net> wrote in
message news:<buG3b.295685$uu5.64729_at_sccrnsc04>...
> > How does the vendor solve the problem? Can you use global temporary
tables?
> > Oracle does allow you to have a temporary tablespace that is a temp
file.
> > (similar to Sybase and an efficient way to do it)
> > Jim
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by how does the vendor solve the problem.
> The result sets are returned via global temporary tables - which are
> stored in a temporary tablespace which is stored on disk.
<snip for brevity only>
> Regards
> Chris

I thought in an earlier post you said that this was an application from a vendor and you don't have control over it. Thus it becomes a vendor problem. You should contact the vendor and find out how they are going to fix it. Clearly, they did a straight port and that is just plain moronic. One should take full advantage of whatever tool you buy. Put pressure on the vendor.
Jim Received on Tue Sep 02 2003 - 20:20:41 CDT