Re: Importing huge data

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 18:29:58 GMT

> I already have a insert statements.

If I understand your requirements, then you wish to reduce the amount of logging that is created by your process. Is that correct? If so, then you cannot reduce logging if you are using simple INSERT statements. That is why I suggested the NOLOGGING on the table and using SQL*Loader's Direct path load. This can reduce your logging to the online redo logs.

> How can I use SQL*Loader ?

The Oracle Utilities Guide has tons of information, including samples uses of SQL*Loader. The doc can be found here:

http://tahiti.oracle.com

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland