Re: News from Oz

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 20:01:12 +1000

"Dusan Bolek" <pagesflames_at_usa.net> wrote in message news:1e8276d6.0309020143.7d31d882_at_posting.google.com...

> Hm, heard about several good professionals leaving Oracle soon or
> recently. Hope it is purely incidental and do not mean anything about
> future of Oracle employee base.

Hmmmmm, I've got bad news for you. Even long time die-hards in the user group meetings are turning somewhere else. I think the very high prices of 3 years ago and the constant blaming of all illness in the world on DBAs from Larry side has finally managed to shoot Oracle on the foot in a seriously terminal way. At least in Australia: the vibes were obvious and crystal-clear in the last UG meeting. Anyone fooling themselves it's not the case, dream on. The damage was very serious and I hope someone in Oracle goes after the dickheads who thought up the "strategy" of a few years ago and makes them pay long and hard.

Welcome to the world of Oracle not being the #1 database and serious competition from M$. It's reality now. Coming to a screen near you soon. Deal with it soon or get ready for niche positioning.

> for life, but I would just like to get (at least in 1 from 10 cases)
> call from someone living in USA or UK, just to know that normal world
> still exists. :-)

Nope, it's long gone. And as the $$$ start drying up at O, you'll see even more of that, being pandered as the "final solution". Indeed. Seen it before: works EVERY SINGLE time.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto