Re: News from Oz

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 2 Sep 2003 02:43:08 -0700

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:<3f53a7f8$0$15135$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> Because I have been asked, I'm assuming that some here might find the
> following informative.
>
> As of 6th October, I won't be employed by Oracle Corporation any longer.
>
> Once I'm not employed by them, anything I write doesn't belong to them.
>
> I sense a website coming ;-)
>
> Not sure what I'll end up doing. Lot's of bush walking and 10g research,
> probably. Sounds like it will be fun.

Hm, heard about several good professionals leaving Oracle soon or recently. Hope it is purely incidental and do not mean anything about future of Oracle employee base.
Nuno mentioned outsourcing. Last time, I've got a call from Oracle support guy (your bug is not solved yet, but our developers are working on it blah blah). This guy was probably outsorced from outer space. I can handle people from India, Singapur, Arabian countries or other somehow exotic places with quite different English than usual one, but this one sounds like African tribe leader from documentary movie in the beginning of 20th century. :-) Oh dear, I understand that people in poor countries needs some money for life, but I would just like to get (at least in 1 from 10 cases) call from someone living in USA or UK, just to know that normal world still exists. :-)

--
Dusan Bolek