Re: How to check number of active Oracle cluster nodes ?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 19:30:10 +1000

"Jarno Muntto" <jarno.muntto_at_softsys.fi> wrote in message news:891b0013.0309020018.305af0ac_at_posting.google.com...
> So, how to check number of active(and alive) member nodes of
> RAC/Paraller server ? I would assume that this information can be
> found from some of the system views.
>
> Sometimes it happens so that Oracle instance in one of the cluster
> nodes just stops for some reason and it would be good to have elegant
> way to detect this situation.

Do you want the number of nodes, or the number of instances?

If you want the number of instances, a quick select count(*) from gv$instance would tell you the number of currently participating instances. And a select instance_name from gv$instance would show you which ones were surviving.

As for 'elegant; ways of detecting this, Oracle has lots! Enterprise Manager would be your friend here, since it is fully RAC-aware.

Or, if you have a two-node cluster with a single active instance RAC, you can install clusters guard, which comes with an Instance Monitor to do very much what you want to do.

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Sep 02 2003 - 04:30:10 CDT