Re: Upgrade from 8.1.7.0 to 8.1.7.4 on HP-UX - "smooth"?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 22:46:41 -0700

Alexander Skwar wrote:

> Good morning!
>
> A database application that we're using requires Oracle 8.1.7.4 on HP-UX,
> however we're currently using 8.1.7.0. Is it possible to "smoothly" upgrade
> the server without exporting and re-importing all tablespaces?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alexander Skwar
> --
> "Das Internet wurde konzipiert, um einem Atomschlag standzuhalten.
> Leider hatte kein Militärstratege mit der Deutschen Telekom
> gerechnet..." [Attila Radnai in babd]

Please excuse the 'atitude' but obviously you didn't take the time to read the upgrade documentation before posting. I'd suggest you do that and then repost if you still have any questions.

PS: I've never seen an Oracle upgrade that required exporting and re-importing so I've no idea where you got this idea. ;-)

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu