Re: Prob. install Oracle9iR2 with Red Hat ES 2.1

From: Michel J. Tremblay <mjtremblay_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Sep 2003 19:56:51 -0700

Yeh

OK I am glad I ve found the problem and of course for benefice of the group I am telling the bug.

Total story:

  1. I install Oracle9iAS - infrastructure type
  2. I install Oracle9iAS - Business intelligence type
  3. I install 2 patch set to correct a problem with Report in WEB but this operation made me upgrade my Oracle Universal Installer to 2.2.0.18
  4. I try to install my Oracle9iR2 database server in the same ORACLE_BASE - it crash in the begining of the install
  5. I try to install my Oracle9iR2 database server in a new ORACLE_BASE - it crash in the begining of the install
  6. I renamed oraInst.loc to oraInst.loc.bck and redo step 5 and it work sucessfully.

Conclusion:

When i am installing Oracle9iR2 database server in a ORACLE_BASE that contains OUI 2.2.0.18 already installed it crash. When I am installing Oracle9iR2 and creating a new common orainventory in a new ORACLE_BASE with OUI 2.2.0.12 included in Oracle9iR2 distribution it work.

Maybe that mail could help somebody ... to save time.

M J Tremblay