RE: Who's going to OracleWorld?

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 21:02:51 +1000

Hi there,

In my opinion, there's a lot more to Oracle 10g than the "g". The server manageability and performance improvements are big, and they address real, here-and-now issues that affect all of us. If you need a reason for going to OracleWorld, that is it. The grid stuff is just the icing (frosting) on the cake.

Some of the "Oracle" presentations will involve independents. I'll be doing a presentation together with Rich Long entitled "Automatic Storage Management - The New Best Practice". Rich is one of the lead developers in the ASM group within Oracle. It'll be all practical - no hype. Nevertheless, this new feature is the one that I'm most excited about.

@ Regards,
@ Steve Adams
@ http://www.ixora.com.au/ - For DBAs
@ http://www.christianity.net.au/ - For all