Re: Help with interpreting TKPROF output

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 31 Aug 2003 07:16:20 -0700

Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<40j3lvg8g5e0ffsqdittio7db0u8sv67qn_at_4ax.com>...
> On 29 Aug 2003 12:53:17 -0700, yong321_at_yahoo.com (Yong Huang) wrote:
>
> >I won't conclude but I think the buffer reads ("query" and "current"
> >columns) use the unit of number of buffers, not number of times of
> >reading buffers.
>
> This is not true. The buffer reads show the number of reads not the
> number of buffers consumed. You could easily verify this using the
> v$bh view.

Sybrand,

Could you elaborate? I'd like to know the way you did the test. Do you also consider whether the buffer blocks could be multi-block read? I'm not aware of this concept. Did you test against blocks of both table and index type under various conditions?

Yong Huang Received on Sun Aug 31 2003 - 09:16:20 CDT