A couple of questions

From: MK <MK_at_foo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:20:06 +0200

  1. when I export with indexes=y, and then import the resulting dmp file into another instance (also with indexes=y), are indexes imported, or rebuilt from ground-up?
  2. how can I throttle CPU usage for oracle.exe? During the night I run various DML jobs (mostly DELETE statements) and those jobs run oracle.exe up to 100%. This suffocates other processes on the machine and I get all kinds of warning messages. I'd like to put a limit, for example 80%, on oracle.exe's CPU usage - would this be possible?

Oracle8i on W2K. Received on Fri Aug 29 2003 - 07:20:06 CDT