Re: Enterprice Manager 9i closes when a table is clicked

From: Maximus <asdfasdasd_at_eqeqweqwe.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 06:14:49 GMT

"Billy Verreynne" <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote in message news:1a75df45.0308282154.391dc4f9_at_posting.google.com...
> rakeshray_at_hotmail.com (Rakesh Ray) wrote
>
> > I installed Oracle 9i on XP. When I open a Oracle 8i database in
> > Enterprice Manager every thing seems to work accept when I click on a
> > table, At this point the aplication closes without any messages.
>
> OEM is written in Java. Is riddled with bugs. What do you expect?
>
> A real OEM anoyance I have when using it in stand-alone.. I have to
> delete databases in the tree as the db logon fails. Why? Java crap &
> null pointers. Once delete and added back to the tree, I can logon to
> the database. Until I exit & launch OEM again. Then it is, again,
> having to delete all the tree entries and add them back again in order
> for the logon dialog not to fail with null pointer exceptions. (does
> not happen when connecting to an OEM repository server though)
>
> Hopefully Oracle keep their Java programmers very far away from the
> Oracle db core developers.

As a fairly new user to Oracle products I was a little shocked at how buggy some of Oracle's Java apps are. A couple of the most annoying things I found with EM are really simple bugs, like the cursor doesn't show up in SQL*Worksheet half the time when it's opened, or how EM it goes off into never never land when trying to alter a schema with the user still logged in, even though the session has no locks. For the most part I don't bother with it and just use sqlplus. Received on Fri Aug 29 2003 - 01:14:49 CDT