Re: 9iRAC interconnect protocol

From: Tanel Poder <change_to_my_first_name_at_integrid.info>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:21:53 +0300

Hm, I'm wondering how does Oracle handle the possible UDP packet loss possibility, because unlike TCP, UDP isn't capable of retransmitting packets, they can be lost. It shouldn't happen with direct LAN connection that much, but the possibility still exists in theory. Is it done with some kind of Oracle timeouts and resending requests when one instance wants to signal another?

Tanel.