Re: Indexing with interMedia

From: Snid <snid_at_snider.sno>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:53:57 +1000

Try having a look at the files in the following directories that are in your oracle home

/ord/im/admin
/ctx/

There is a script in one of the above directories or in the $ORACLE_HOME location, that I can't happen to find :( , that tells you everything below but in more detail. Note, the following installs Oracle Text, formely known as intermedia, which just allows advanced plain text searching. To actually index pdf documents and other stuff I think you need to set up intermedia and also some stuff called inso filters maybe?

There is also an Oracle document that I found a long time ago called " Secret Internal Oracle Intermedia Document" that explains a lot more and I found this in metalink.

How I set Oracle Text manually for 9i.

create tablespace drsys

   EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL UNIFORM SIZE 128 K    SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO
   DATAFILE '/u01/oradata/DBNAME/drsys.dbf'

      SIZE 8 M REUSE
      AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 8 M
      MAXSIZE 512 M

;