Oracle 8i and a starter kit package

From: Bob . <nemail_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:48:54 +1000

I recently bought a book 'oracle 8i for widowas NT starter kit'

This book purported to have a 60 day trial copy of Oracle 8i enterprise edition, however when i laoded this the installation interface was suppose to give me three option to choose from

  1. Oracle 8i enterprise edition 8.1.5.0.0
  2. Oracle 8i Client 8.1.5.0.0
  3. Oracle programmer 8.1.5.0.0 Only option b and c were presented. leaves me feeling ripped off. What happened to a. ??? Could this because I am running windows 98 and not NT therefore cannot be the server only the client and it thus chose not to present me with this option. I also have another coopy of 8i here somewhere and it does the same thing - no Oracle 8i enterprise edition 8.1.5.0.0. I have sufficient disk space available.