Changing database ID

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 00:52:05 +0200

I will clone a database (9i) and use the copy for tests in the same host. But since both databases have the same database ID, I think I am going to have trouble.

So how can I change the database ID?
By the way, I guess I will have to rename the database, or maybe the instance too? Not sure here.

What I intend is to do a "backup control file to trace" and edit that file to start the cloned DB.

Thanks
Rick Denoire Received on Wed Aug 27 2003 - 17:52:05 CDT