Limiting the amount of memory Oracle uses

From: John Marchioli <cake_at_lenel.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2003 07:03:08 -0700

Hi folks. Forgive my ignorance here, I am not that familiar with Oracle configuration and setup.

I have about 6 database instances that each have about 300 tables. These instances are all using Oracle 9i and are running on Windows 2000 server. The purpose for these instances are STRICTLY for testing and each instance holds about 5 to 10M of real data.

These instances consume way more than 512M all together. Is there anyway I can limit each instance to say 50Meg of physical memory since performance is not an issue - these are strictly for testing triggers and schema changes.

Thanks in advanced.

John Marchioli Received on Wed Aug 27 2003 - 09:03:08 CDT