Re: Locally Managed Tablespaces

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:00:43 +1000

"Fabrizio Napolitano" <fnapolitano_at_belgacom.net> wrote in message news:25f75e7bea2f2aae9cc4faae668258e5.119705_at_mygate.mailgate.org...

> I have a curiousity is anyone out there using "Locally Managed
> Tablespaces" in 8i?

Is there any1 that isn't? Actually, just came back from the local UG conference. Quite a few people asked me if I reckoned LMT "was OK". Scary...

> Maybe I have always been in the wrong shops but I have never found them
> in place.

8ir3 latest patch level and onwards,
no reason whatsoever to not use them.
Rememebr: always check the patch packs
for any given release level and OS.

> Also searching the newsgroup I could find only a post slightly related
> to this topic.

Yikes! I hope we don't get another thread on this. :D
It's been discussed ad nauseum. Look for keywords like "fragmentation", "reorg",
"extents", "DMT", "dictionary-managed".
I'm sure you'll find heaps.

--
Cheers