Re: Oracle Create User Problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:07:09 +0200

> > Rajesh wrote:
> >
> > > I have a script to create all the tablepaces from tb1 to tb4.
> > >
> > > And when i run the below create user script, I get the error in the
> > > sql option.
> > > Are the below line is synataxically wrong, anybody please suggest?
> > >
> > > CREATE USER <username> IDENTIFIED BY <password> DEFAULT TABLESPACE
> > > tb1, tb2, tb3, tb4 PROFILE DEFAULT;
> > >
> > > Whether it hold good for both Oracle 8i and 9i?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > CREATE USER <user_name>
> > IDENTIFIED BY <password>
> > DEFAULT TABLESPACE <pick_just_one>
> > TEMPORARY TABLESPACE <temp>
> > QUOTA 0 ON SYSTEM
> > QUOTA ? ON <tablespace_name>
> > QUOTA ? ON <tablespace_name>
> > QUOTA ? ON <tablespace_name>
> > QUOTA ? ON <tablespace_name>
> > PROFILE DEFAULT;
> Thanks! Morgan.
> I am able to create user with your suggestion.
> How to see, who is the owner of the tablespace? if, i don't specify
> "Quota ? on tb1", User won't be able to access tb1.
>
> Please correct me?

First of all, you seem to -like other Indian guys I know- be lacking in basic civility by addressing someone by his last name. In western societies this is considered to be rude.
Secondly, tablespaces don't have an owner, and if they have an owner, they are owned by the database, so by the SYS user.

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA