Re: URGENT: Is there any way to change the INTERNAL password?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:50:01 -0700

Dave wrote:

> Hi Group,
> I have inherited a database with an INTERNAL account whose password was
> changed and never documented. I can logon to the database as SYS and SYSTEM
> and another account that has full DBA privileges. I need to delete the
> database. Can I delete the database without the INTERNAL password (the
> database config asst won't let me) or is there a way to change this
> password?
>
> Dave

Databases can not be deleted.

Seems you are a SQL Server person with little background in Oracle. In Oracle a user account with objects is a SCHEMA ... not a database. If you want to drop the database ... just shut it down and delete the physical files.

If you can log on as sys then you have the Internal account password. If you wish to change it log on as SYS and:

ALTER USER sys IDENTIFIED BY <new_password>;

Then get yourself a book and learn some Oracle.

--
Daniel Morgan
http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/aoa/aoa_main.asp