date problem

From: charlie <chartek_1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Aug 2003 09:08:31 -0700

Hi,

Oracle 8.1.7
Windows 2000 Server
Using Sql Plus.
nls_date_format = DD-MON-YYYY - I have tried using RRRR (below), YYYY, to_date and a number of different combinations, but always get the same results.

I am getting some weird results when selecting records from a table and trying to filter them based on a date condition.

First the query;
 select date_to from AGRPROD_CWaemserviceoff  where to_char(date_to, 'DD-MON-RRRR') >= '24-AUG-2003' /

Results

DATE_TO

27-JUL-2003
14-AUG-2003
12-AUG-2003
11-AUG-2003
11-AUG-2003
17-JUL-2003
17-JUL-2003
16-JUL-2003
18-MAR-2004
14-APR-2004
03-OCT-2003

DATE_TO

17-OCT-2003
13-NOV-2003 13 rows selected.

Any ideas on why certain records aren't getting filtered? Received on Tue Aug 26 2003 - 11:08:31 CDT