Re: drop user hangs

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Aug 2003 06:15:35 -0700

Rainer Herbst <rherbst_@_rz.uni-potsdam.de> wrote in message news:<bif59m$i3m$1_at_zeppelin.rz.uni-potsdam.de>...
> >>3. user was created after the instance started, but the user is
> >>definatly not logged in!
> >>--> the drop user statement hangs without any complains or error messages!
> >

> > Hangs for ever? You're right that you can't drop a user if they are logged
> > in, so how are you certain that they are not logged in? When you say it
> > hangs, and produces no error message, have you nevertheless checked the
> > alert log for any possible warning messages.
> >
> No errors or warnings in the alert log. V$SESSION_WAIT shows the 'null
> event' for this session.

Can you show us p1,p2,p3 for this "null" event? If they change with time, what do they change to? 9i has the bug that lumps some other events into a null event. But we may be able to guess based on the patterns of their parameters.

Unless I missed, did you trace your session doing DROP USER?

Yong Huang Received on Tue Aug 26 2003 - 08:15:35 CDT