Oracle Client Installation / Universal Installer

From: Ed <ed_zep_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: 26 Aug 2003 04:54:56 -0700

Hi.

We're rolling out new machines and are having problems with putting both Developer 6i (uses old style Oracle installer) and Oracle Net8 client with ODBC(uses Universal installer).

It seems for a start, I have to install Net8 with ODBC in one Oracle home and the Dev stuff in another. Which I've done. I can tnsping successfully to the database but when I go to Developer and connect I can tns can't find service name. I copy across the tnsnames.ora to the other directory and still no joy.

Has anyone here got any ideas on how to get the two installers working together. Or at least where I can find and Oracle 8.1.7 ODBC driver in .prd format?

Cheers,

Ed. Received on Tue Aug 26 2003 - 06:54:56 CDT