Re: Extracing Oracle SQL from network by Ethereal?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 06:57:10 +0200

On 25 Aug 2003 08:55:31 -0700, ayeh18_at_hotmail.com (ayeh) wrote:

>Thanks for your replies... I've tried using the SGA and sqlarea, but
>that gets costly as I have to do a series of JOINs in order to find
>the last executed query, and I'd have to do this quite often so I
>won't be missing any queries as the library cache gets flushed (can
>either of these problems be bypassed?) And I can't use DBMS_LOGMNR
>for the reason that Sybrand mentioned.
>
>So my last resort is network sniffing, but seems like the packet
>format for different kinds of queries are different.
>
>Anyone else had a similar problem before?
>
>Thanks!

Don't see the problem here: You can trace sessions, so is there any reason why you can't do that? If a session is in trace all sql is being captured automatically. I also don't quite see your concern about doing a series of JOINs, unless it is an out of the box install of Oracle and the application is written by incompetent developers (which, sadly, applies to the majority of installations nowadays)

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Aug 25 2003 - 23:57:10 CDT