Re: How do I detect inserted record or updated record dynamic in oracle?

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:05:08 -0500

wonim.somaggio_at_lusis.fr (Petit Donghwa) wrote:

>hi
>
>I need some helps to find solution for
>detecting inserted or updated record in the table.
>
>If I have to use trigger, how can I use it?
>
>For example, I connect DB(oracle) and one Web page in php.
>In this php page, it must check one table
>if it is changed or not.
>if it is changed I must detect dymanically and automatically reflect
>and show the changed record on the web page.
>
>Can you have some idea to solve this problem?
>with java applet, is it possible too??
>
>thanks
>
>donghwa

The easiest way ( and perhaps the only way) is to add a field to the table an use a trigger to insert the date when the a record is modified or inserted.

Otherwise you would have to do some kind of comparison test between the table now and the table before any changes ( if it can be changed often, this is really not practical)..   Received on Mon Aug 25 2003 - 16:05:08 CDT