Re: Shark Storage System And Sun Cluster setup

From: Hulse <hulse_kevin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Aug 2003 11:01:24 -0700

Kalle <kk.kk_at_kk.com> wrote in message news:<3F49B28F.D3599C25_at_kk.com>...
> Hi all,
>
> do you have any good document or white paper or link how to setup Shark
> Storage System And Sun Cluster setup with Oracle 9iRel2. we will not use
> any RAC.
>
> Any hints will be appreciated...
>
> rgds
> Kalle

On that general theme, I would also like to see what experiences the rest of the group has had with EMC Symetrix DMX storage. I have recently inherited an instance that at first glance is a disaster waiting to happen. It's running on an DMX with on 4 LUNs with all Oracle files distributed across the same 4 LUNS (redo & undo included). I've voiced my concerns to the SAN administrators. However, they seem to have total faith in the EMC's ability to insulate Oracle from the underlying disk layout. I would appreciate pointers to any documentation that would help me prove my case or ease my apprehension. Received on Mon Aug 25 2003 - 13:01:24 CDT