Re: How's this for a cunning piece of spam.

From: Stephen_CA <steveee_ca_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Aug 2003 09:08:30 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3F48F817.9AB74825_at_exxesolutions.com>...
> Noons wrote:
>
> > <snipped>
> >

> > One thing I'll never understand is this:
> > this type of worm/virus only works if someone
> > opens the attachement (or worse, has an automatic
> > open!). Are there so many gullible people out there
> > that click on everything they get?
> >
> > --
> > Cheers
> > Nuno Souto
> >

> Unfortunately the answer is self-evident.
>
> Same goes for all the spam we get offering various (to be generous) "products". They are only sending the spam
> because they are getting responses. Leaving me to wonder how anyone stupid enough to buy from them could be smart
> enough to turn on a computer.

Further, if you get the urge to take the time and trouble to use the "Remove"
feature (if one exists), all you've done is indicate to them that your email address is in fact valid. That gets your address put in the "premium" pile for them to resell and your problems only increase !

Steve Received on Mon Aug 25 2003 - 11:08:30 CDT