drop user hangs

From: Rainer Herbst <rherbst__at__rz.uni-potsdam.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:02:57 +0200

Hi, *!

I run in trouble with a very simple script:

drop user fodb cascade;
create user fodb

   identified by "secret"
;

Following behaviour:
1. user does not exists
--> error in the first statement, second statement executed
2. user exists, instance just started
--> the drop user takes about 30 sec, but executes without error, the
second statement executes without error
3. user was created after the instance started, but the user is definatly not logged in!
--> the drop user statement hangs without any complains or error messages!

Any clue how I could get the script running without restarting the instance every time?
My environment: Oracle 9.2.0.3.0 64bit on Solaris 8.

                 scripte executed via sqlplus on the same machine.

Regards!
Rainer Herbst

Rainer Herbst         Linux - Registered
ZEIK                  User #319157
Universität Potsdam   Usual disclaimers applies!