Re: Which one is better, Oracle or SQL server - clear answer !

From: Madison Pruet <mpruet_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 20:08:15 GMT

Nuno,

Guido is spreading half-truths. The reduction in the California development team occurred over a year prior to the IBM acquisition and was mainly the result of the tech boom that was occurring in the 1990's. At the time of the IBM acquisition, the development offices in the bay area were pretty much empty.

There has been remarkable stability in the development engineering staff since the IBM acquisition. In fact, we have recently been hiring.

The groups that totally shifted to non-Informix products were the groups that were not working actively on Informix at the time of the acquisition.