Re: technical wet dreams and SQL fantasies

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_mail.ocis.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 17:05:40 GMT

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_no_spam.comcast.net> wrote:

[snip]

>Amen! With the latest worm crap at work I made it clear to my boss that
>since management does not allocate enough resources to deal proactively with
>that type of problem that it really isn't important. He started to protest
>and I interrupted him and said, no, management decides what we work on,
>management is aware of the problem, if management does not allow time to
>work on these things before hand then it is clear how important it is.

     Beautiful. All too often, technical problems get dismissed as that the techs are just not co-operating. Your reply was in business terms and skewered that point nicely.

     I would like to think that it had a positive effect. Did it?

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.