Re: not able to turn on sql_trace for an instance

From: Anurag Varma <avarmadba.skipthis_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 03:12:43 GMT

"Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com> wrote in message news:3f467dec$0$13636$cc9e4d1f_at_news.dial.pipex.com...
> You don't mention one great advantage of this approach which is that you
can
> DISABLE/ENABLE triggers. I prefer calling DBMS_SUPPORT (can you tell) in a
> SCHEMA logon trigger because you can grant execute on DBMS_SUPPORT to the
> relevant accounts without granting ALTER SESSION and because you are doing
> it at the schema level rather than the db level. Imagine an error in a db
> level logon trigger.....
>

> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> Audit Commission UK
> Please include version and platform
> and SQL where applicable
> It makes life easier and increases the
> likelihood of a good answer

.. just to add to this... you can turn tracing on for all sessions using the dbms_support package *and* creating that script using dynamic sql. Thus script can be quickly written to turn the tracing on and off (at will) for all users.
Without even having to wait for the user to log off. No need to bounce the server!

For 10046 event ... you can use the oradebug utility to do this (and not have to bounce the server).

Anurag Received on Fri Aug 22 2003 - 22:12:43 CDT