Re: Avoiding any locks in SQL Servers - read and understand....itsmagic.

From: Guido Stepken <g.stepken_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 01:17:53 +0200

Hi, Joel !

Sure, i have noticed, that VMS still ist a very stable server and has clustering, is very fast....i didn't know that DEC has invented versioning, thanx....

I don't think, that oracle's locking strategy is so muc advanced, since no two transactions can write into a database at the same time ....

Did you know, that with many API's (PHP...) you cannot separate several sql statements by semicolon ? Only one statement is allowed, one resultset you can receive. You have to put 2+ statements into a stored procedure to get them executed.

regards, Guido Stepken