Re: Database Server Vs. Application Servers - Processing Location

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2003 16:19:05 -0500

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, burttemp1REMOVE_THIS_at_bellsouth.net wrote:
> Just wondering what others opinions are on this subject...
>
> Within our company, there are some who think in-house developed
> applications should be architectured such that there is no
> dependence on the underlying database server software - the
> database server should only do CRUD (create,read,update,delete)
> processing.

Does your company use Microsoft Word for its documentation efforts? I would bet there is very little consistency in their arguments and the only thing they are adhering to is listening to the buzzword of platform independence. You know, that java promise... I tell those yo-yos that I want compiler independence.

--
Galen Boyer