Re: National settings

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 20:32:26 +0200

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 20:27:02 +0200, "szalas" <gszalach_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>How does Oracle determine national settings (for example national date
>format) for the session ??
>I'm curious about this beacuse I've noticed that I have different national
>settings when I execute PL/SQL procedure thorugh TOAD than when I execute it
>thorugh my application (database Oracle8i on Windows 2000)
>
>Thanks for any answers
>szalas

The settings are derived from registry variables located under the Oracle_home key your product is using.
That said, you should *never ever* rely on client's NLS settings

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Aug 22 2003 - 13:32:26 CDT