Re: Archieval of data

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_no_spam.comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 01:38:03 GMT

How much data are we really talking about anyway? I suspect the requirement is way overblown with buying more disk. Think about all the time and effort and recovery procedures etc. that will have to be implemented and then having a way of looking at the data if it is requested. (does someone fill out a form? What about querying old data, its missing so results will not foot.) Even at some very low labor rate I think disk space (even mirrored ) would be much cheaper.
Jim