Joining the one column with two other columns

From: Prince Kumar <gspk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Aug 2003 15:17:37 -0700

Hi:

I have the following two tables.

SQL> desc t

 Name                                      Type
----------------------------
 RECORD#                                   NUMBER  PK_T (RECORD#)

SQL> desc pp

 Name                                      Type
----------------------------
 PKEY                                      NUMBER(8) FK references T

(record#)
RKEY NUMBER(8) FK references T
(record#)
AMOUNT NUMBER

FK

I have the two sqls.

select sum(pp.amount) as ptot from pp, t where pp.pkey = t.record#

select sum(pp.amount) as rtot from pp, t where pp.rkey = t.record#

I am wondering whether "ptot" and "rtot" can be abtained in the same select statement (ie, in the above I have two SQLs to get the result, can I get the same using just ONE SELECT statement?)

something like
"select sum(pp.amount) ptot, sum(pp1.tot) rtot from pp, pp pp1 ..."

Thanks, Received on Thu Aug 21 2003 - 17:17:37 CDT