install Oracle9iAS xsql servlet, xsqldemos.ear...

From: SPIDERMAN <consultant2b_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:17:25 GMT

Hi gurus,

 I tried to set up xsql servlet from Oracle9iAS on WindowXP Prof by following the instruction enclosed with Oracle9iAS (installed to C:\oracle\oraHome\xdk\doc\java\xsql\readme.html). I got the following error message even after making sure that all the Oracle services started:

C:\oracle\oraAS\j2ee\home>java -jar admin.jar ormi://myserver/ admin welcome -de
ploy -file XDKHome/xdk/demo/java/xsql/xsqldemos.ear -deploymentName xsqldemos
Error: javax.naming.NamingException: Lookup error: java.net.ConnectException: Co
nnection refused: connect; nested exception is:

I was able to ping 'myserver'. Please help! Received on Thu Aug 21 2003 - 16:17:25 CDT