Re: Export, Create, Import Users

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 21:03:18 GMT

Exporting with OWNER= and FULL= are not allowed. The OWNER parameter tells the export utility which user's to export. The FULL parameter says to export the entire database. If I'm exporting the FULL database, why then specify just one user? In fact, specifying both OWNER and FULL as export parameters will raise an error and the export will not run. This can be seen below:

edcsns14 ora9i% exp userid=system file=temp.dmp owner=peasland full=y

Export: Release 9.2.0.2.0 - Production on Wed Aug 20 16:00:18 2003

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Password:

Connected to: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.2.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 9.2.0.2.0 - Production
EXP-00026: conflicting modes specified
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

The Oracle docs talk about the differences between export modes. In particular, the Oracle Utilities guide has information on export and import. Chapter 1 is devoted to export. You can find Chapter 1 at the following link:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96652/ch01.htm#1013411

There is a section called Export Modes
(http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96652/ch01.htm#1004891) which discusses each of these at length.

HTH,
Brian

Dave wrote:

> "Brian Peasland" <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com> wrote in message
> > You can export the entire database with FULL=Y. This will get all users
> > and their objects. It will also have the CREATE USER statements in the
> > FULL export. If you export with OWNER and then import with FROMUSER, you
> > will have to precreate the user in the database.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Brian
> >

> Ok,
> My admin user is MILLORA. I have created that user on the new database,
> created all the tablespaces, and granted permissions on the database. I
> will try the export full=y tonight and import it tomorrow using the MILLORA
> account.
>
> exp userid=MILLORA/*** file=m:\millennium\millennium_full.exp owner=MILLORA
> log=m:\millennium\millennium_sys.log consistent=y
>
> I will just add 'full=y' to the end of that? Just want to make sure since
> my export takes about 2 hours.

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com

 the three"