Question of DBMS_RLS and Bind variables

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 20 Aug 2003 12:39:56 -0700

There is a debate on ORACLE-L about this with out a concrete answer, so Im taking it here also. Hope that is ok. Both places are good, but have different people on them.

I know I read in docs/metalink or somewhere that DBMS_RLS does not use bind variables. Someone posted on the forum that he is having problems with DBMS_RLS and latch waits(no more details than that). He saw increased latch waits when this was employed.

Other people posted that you can sort of bind this with a CONTEXT(ive never done this so Im not too familiar with this) and eliminate the hard parsing.

can anyone provide more details on this? Received on Wed Aug 20 2003 - 14:39:56 CDT