9i R2 database vs. 9i R2 Forms Developer PL/SQL compatibility

From: Maximus <asdfasdasd_at_eqeqweqwe.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:02:58 GMT

I've run into a problem migrating some pl/sql code from server-side to a Forms application. If I declare a type server-side, such as an associative array indexed by a string, e.g.:

TYPE CUST_ID IS TABLE OF NUMBER INDEX BY VARCHAR2(30); it compiles and works as documented. However, in Forms Developer I get a compile error "no function 'VARCHAR2' exists in this scope."

Is this a bug, or is Forms Developer just missing some functionality that is in server-side pl/sql?

The products used are Forms Developer Version 9.0.2.9.0 and Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0

Regards Received on Wed Aug 20 2003 - 12:02:58 CDT