German characters äöü etc.

From: Hans Sauren <hsauren_at_gruen-ag.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:01:39 +0200

Hi all,
we use ORACLE 8.1.7. In the tables German characters like äöü have to be stored. The parameters NLS_LANG is set to GERMAN_GERMANY.WE8ISO8859P15, NLS_SORT to GERMAN and NLS_TERRITORY to GERMANY. In selects without where-clause but order by n_name the result is proper sorted like German where German ü is like u. But when I force select n_name from adress where n_name >= 'Mü' all other Mu are not in the resultset. Looking at the result set with SQL*Plus 'Müller' is shown as 'MA¼ller' which might be US7ASCII.

Has anybody an idea where I have to look for. Thanks for any suggestion.

Hans Sauren Received on Wed Aug 20 2003 - 10:01:39 CDT