Privilege problem

From: Steven <SPAMBLOCKERsteven.pannell_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:16:09 +0200

Hi,

Having a problem with assigning query rewrite to a role.

I have a user called Fred with a materialized view.

user Bob wants to create a view on Fred's materializied view. If I grant 'query rewrite' directly to user bob then bob can create the view. However, if I grant the right to a role (that bob is assigned) then bob cannot create the view and get's a 'insufficient privileges' error.

example:

create view abc as
select * from fred.materialized_view;

throws an error when the privilage is assigned to the role. assign to the user and it works. why?

Why can't I assign 'query rewrite' to a role. can someone tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Steve.

Holidays in Berchtesgaden, Germany:
http://pension-berchtesgaden.de